thisislanguage.com is the smart language tool for classrooms and winner of the prestigious 2019 BETT Award. We’re a small team of linguists and creatives who are using technology to improve language-teaching in schools. Our office is right in the heart of Oxford, a few minutes’ walk from Carfax tower. We’re used by almost 1000 schools worldwide, we’re growing fast and in 2019 we will be 8 years old!
We’re looking for a Technical Lead with a rock-solid work ethic, creative flair and solid people skills to join the team and lead our product to new heights.
If applicable, we have a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence Number.
- Leading or Project Managing on the implementation of dazzling new features (you choose)
- Managing an experienced team of outsourced developers
- Generating ideas for how to analyse user data and improve our product
- Championing an exceptionally high standard of code
- Ensuring we stay at the cutting edge of our industry
- Strong experience participating in software projects and solid programming skills (React and Node would be a bonus)
- A deep feeling for UX and UIs
- Familiar with architectural concepts and their purpose (AWS, APIs, Database, UI components, e.t.c.)
- Able to manage different web development roles (Lead Dev, DBA, SysAdmin, DevOps e.t.c.)
- Understand the role of CRMs and their integration
Other things we like:
- A strong interest in languages
- A good sense of humour
- Lateral thinking
What you’ll love about us:
- Small team. You’ll be making a difference from Day 1
- 22 days holiday a year + 8 days bank holiday
- Free Puregym membership (close to office)
- Curzon Cult Membership (unlimited free cinema trips!)
- Regular staff outings
- Proper work/life balance
- Competitive salary
To apply please email email@example.com and tell us why you like the sound of what we do.